Bahama shutters are a stylish and practical addition to any coastal home in North or South Carolina. They not only enhance the curb appeal of your property but also provide protection against harsh weather conditions. In this blog post, we’ll discuss why Bahama shutters are perfect for coastal homes and how you can choose the right ones for your property.
Introduction to Bahama Shutters
Bahama shutters are a popular choice among homeowners in coastal areas. These adjustable window shutters, also known as Bermuda or Bimini shutters, are hinged at the top and can be easily opened or closed with a simple push of the hand. Our shutters are made of durable aluminum and come in various colors to match any home’s exterior. The benefits of installing Bahama Shutters include increased privacy, protection from harsh weather conditions, and improved energy efficiency by reducing sun exposure during hot summer days.
In addition to their practical advantages, Bahama Shutters can also add aesthetic value to your home’s exterior. Their stylish design gives off an island-feel that is associated with tropical destinations like the Bahamas or Amazonian rainforests where these types of shutters originated from centuries ago. Whether you’re looking for an awning-like appearance or want to enhance your curb appeal while protecting your property – Bahama Shutters might be exactly what you need!
What are Bahama Shutters?
Bahama shutters are a type of window shutter that originated in the Caribbean and are commonly found on coastal homes. These shutters are louvered, meaning they have angled slats to allow light and air flow while still providing protection from storms and harsh sun rays. Bahama shutters can be made out of different materials such as wood, PVC, or aluminum- however for our purposes (hurricane protection and durability) ours are only made of aluminum.
Benefits of Bahama Shutters
Protection from storms and hurricanes, energy efficiency and cost savings, and enhanced curb appeal are just a few of the many benefits homeowners in North and South Carolina can enjoy with the installation of Bahama shutters. These stylish aluminum shutters not only add a touch of elegance to your home’s exterior but also provide practical advantages that make them an essential investment for coastal living.
- Protection from storms and hurricanes: Bahama shutters serve as firstline defense against harsh winds, heavy rainfalls or debris during stormy weather conditions.
- Energy efficiency & cost savings: By shading windows from direct sunlight, these awninglike shades enhance insulation properties by blocking heat absorption which helps reduce cooling costs.
- Enhanced Curb Appeal: The black Bermuda shutter style is particularly popular among homeowners looking to achieve both functionality as well as aesthetic enhancement.
If you’re looking for ways to improve your home’s appearance while providing all-round protection, consider installing Bahama Shutters; available on Amazon at affordable prices!
Protection from the Elements
When living in coastal areas, protecting your home from the harsh elements is a top priority. Bahama shutters offer an effective solution to safeguarding your property against wind, rain, and flying debris during storms. Here are some ways that Bahama shutters can help protect your home:
- Shielding against harsh winds: The sturdy aluminum construction of Bahama shutters provides protection against highspeed winds and gusts, preventing your windows from being sucked off your building or pushed in- which would cause a roof failure- destroying your home.
- Protecting from flying debris during storms: During hurricanes or severe storms, debris carried by strong winds can cause extensive damage to homes close to the coastline. Installing Bahama shutters significantly reduces this risk by providing a barrier between the outside environment and your windows.
- Preventing water damage to windows and doors: When heavy rains occur with highspeed winds, they can enter through gaps in window frames and doorways leading to moisture buildup inside of walls causing mold growth. With their ability to provide a strong mechanical barrier against wind driven rain when closed properly; these shutters prevent such damages.
Investing in Bahama Shutters is an excellent way for homeowners on both North Carolina’s Eastern Seaboard as well as South Carolinians residing near the Atlantic coastlines will have peace-of-mind knowing that their homes are better protected from damaging weather events while also enhancing curb appeal!
Enhanced Curb Appeal
Adding a touch of elegance to your home exterior is easy with Bahama shutters. These shutters provide a traditional coastal aesthetic that can enhance the curb appeal of any home. With customizable colors and styles, you can easily match your home’s design and add an extra layer of sophistication.
Here are some ways Bahama shutters can enhance your home’s curb appeal:
- They offer a unique look that stands out from other shutter options
- They can be customized to match the color scheme of your home
- They provide added depth and texture to your exterior design
Investing in Bahama shutters not only adds value to your property but also provides protection from harsh weather conditions, increased energy efficiency, and privacy control. Upgrade the look of your coastal home with this classic shutter option today!
Improved Energy Efficiency
Reducing heat gain during hot summer months, blocking harmful UV rays that fade furniture and decor, and allowing natural light in while still providing shade are just a few ways Bahama shutters can improve your home’s energy efficiency. By installing durable Bahama shutters on your windows, you can enjoy a more comfortable living environment while also saving money on energy bills.
Here are some specific benefits of Bahama shutters for improved energy efficiency:
- Reduces solar heat gain by up to 85%
- Blocks up to 99% of harmful UV rays
- Provides natural ventilation to reduce cooling costs- you can open your windows behind them!
- Articulating blades increases privacy without sacrificing natural light
Not only do these features make your home more eco-friendly, but they also add value and style. Upgrade your coastal home with the perfect addition – Bahama shutters.
Choosing the Right Bahama Shutters
When choosing the right Bahama shutters for your coastal home, materials play a crucial role. Aluminum is our material of choice, and ours can feature adjustable louvers to allow you to select the amount of light penetration desired. You can choose anything from no light at all to a virtually unobstructed view.
Color and design also contribute significantly to the appearance of your Bahama shutters. Choose colors that complement or contrast with your home’s color scheme. A variety of designs are available, including louvered or paneled styles, providing both aesthetic appeal and functionality in terms of ventilation control.
Color and Design
We can powder coat your shutters any of the over 200 standard RAL colors for no additional fee. This selection is an essential aspect of designing the perfect Bahama shutters for your home. Aesthetic appeal is a top priority, and with custom colors, you can achieve just that. Here are some popular options to consider:
- Classic white or black: timeless and adds a clean look to any home
- Coastal blue: reminiscent of the ocean and coastal living
- Earth tones: blends well with natural surroundings
To ensure your shutters match seamlessly with the rest of your home’s design, select colors that complement or contrast other exterior features such as roofing materials, trim work, or siding.
Matching louver size and shape to your home’s style also plays a crucial role in enhancing curb appeal. Louver sizes range from two inches to four inches wide; smaller louvers suit traditional homes while larger louvers create an eye-catching effect on modern architecture. The larger louvers also allow for more light penetration when desired.
Professional installation of Bahama shutters is key to ensuring safe and secure mounting. The process involves securing the shutters to the home’s exterior, with stainless steel or coated lag bolts. This is not easy for an untrained tradesmen to do so, as to adhere to the codes requires following specific penetrations, screwing patterns, and locations. However, our professional installers have the experience and expertise necessary to complete this task efficiently while maintaining accuracy.
Homeowners have options when it comes to inset or surface mount installations depending on their window type. Inset mounts are ideal for homes with shallow window frames while surface mounts work best for those with deeper frames. While we do offer decorative shutters, homeowners in hurricane-prone areas would benefit from choosing hurricane-rated Bahama shutters that offer added protection during extreme weather conditions.
- Professional installation ensures safe and secure mounting
- Options available for inset or surface mounts depending on window type
- Hurricanerated options provide added protection
In conclusion, Bahama shutters offer both practical and aesthetic benefits for homeowners in North and South Carolina. These shutters provide protection from harsh weather conditions while adding a charming coastal vibe to your home’s exterior. With their energy efficiency and ease of use, Bahama shutters are the perfect investment for any homeowner looking to improve their property’s value and curb appeal.
Overall, it is clear that Bahama shutters are an excellent addition to any coastal home. They offer numerous advantages that make them a smart choice for homeowners in North and South Carolina who want to protect their homes while enjoying the beauty of the coast. By installing these stylish shutters on your windows, you can enjoy enhanced privacy, lower energy bills, improved security, and increased resale value – all while creating an attractive look that will impress visitors and neighbors alike.