Oceanic asked American Hurricane to enclose the pier bar on the Oceanic Pier. Electric rolldown shutters were installed on the four sides of the bar area, two at 20 feet wide by 6 feet tall and two at 8 feet wide by 15 feet tall. All shutters operate by use of a hand held “clicker”. Shutters are used daily when outside dining is in season.
Oceanic later asked American Hurricane Shutters to provide wind breaks for the pier dining area. We installed 16 pieces of clear Lexan, which can be moved to either the North or South sides of the pier, depending on the wind direction.
- Unobstructed view for up to 24 feet.
- Small bundle size compared to other standard roll up shutters. Radius on slat allows for shutter to roll into a small hood (box).
- Tracks are designed slimmer, but stronger.
- Installation friendly by using 5’16 Alco Tapcon.
- Good spans at high pressures
- Screws do not need to be adjusted with different pressures at flat locks
- Slats into tracks (guidance)
- Self lubricated Slat Lock -does not require special maintenance by the homeowner to preserve strength and performance.
- Quiet operation.
- Attachments of stainless steel #14 screws (fasteners).
- Slats rolls tight around the rear, minimize the deflection on the rear.
- Designed to fit end cap and bracket system.
- Florida Building Code approved (Non-HVHZ)
- ASTM tested
Our rolldown hurricane shutters Meet and Exceed the Florida storm Codes. Click HERE for Documentation.