ClearTek Rated Flat Polycarbonate Panels
Cleartek Flat Hurricane Panels are mounted permanently to the outside of your home. A clear polycarbonate sheet, they use a patented bracketing system to attach to the framing of your home. Due to this, they are the only flat polycarbonate shutter that meets hurricane codes in terms of impact resistance and design pressure ratings. This style is a great option to cover non-operable windows where otherwise you would need a manual or electric roll down shutter at double the price.
Developed in 1953, Lexan polycarbonate resin is an amorphous engineering thermoplastic, which is characterized by high levels of mechanical, optical, electrical and thermal properties. It has become one of the most widely used engineered materials in the world and has contributed to product revolutions in virtually every industry.
Typical properties of the Lexan sheet include:
- High impact strength
- Inherent “water-clear” transparency
- Dimensional stability at elevated temperatures
- Flame resistance
- FDA compliance
- Light weight
- 10 Year Warranty Against Yellowing
- UV Rating
- Non-Rated Product
Lexan XL-10 sheets combine the impact strength of Lexan polycarbonate with a proprietary UV-resistant surface treatment on one side that protects it from weathering. It is the only polycarbonate glazing material backed by a ten-year limited warranty against yellowing, loss of light transmission and breakage.efits
- Provides up to 25% better thermal insulation than single-panel glass. Double glazing increases the advantage.
- Only 15% the weight of double-panel glass, sheets require less structural support than either glass or acrylic. Its light weight also results in easier handling and installation, as well as transportation cost savings.
- Virtually unbreakable, a sheet has 250 times the impact strength of glass and 30 times that of acrylic.